Belonging to the AWFamily of products, the AW189 (8.3/8.6 tonne) combines superior payload and range with advanced technologies to successfully operate a wide range of missions. Unique features of the helicopter include the main transmission’s capability to run without oil for 50 minutes and a built-in Auxiliary Power Unit (APU). The AW189, equipped with new Safran Aneto-1K engine, will extend the range of operations of the aircraft to high altitude and high temperature conditions.
Executive and Private Transport
The AW189 represents the benchmark for luxury transportation, featuring the most stylish interior design layouts where comfort, style and attention to details are essential attributes. Class-leading speed and low internal vibration and noise, along with fine Italian craftsmanship, provide exceptional passenger comfort ensuring an unforgettable journey.
Medical and Rescue Services
The AW189 is characterised by class-leading speed, range and payload and ensures the highest performance in demanding Search and Rescue (SAR) and Medical Evacuation (MEDEVAC) missions, even in icing conditions. Its long range and endurance provide an enormous advantage for medical and rescue services operations.
The AW189 is the benchmark for long-range operations and has the capacity to operate in all-weather conditions, day and night, delivering high speed and superior performance also in hover and Cat. A. The helicopter features all the equipment and avionics needed to successfully carry out offshore missions and a spacious cabin to ensure a comfortable journey for passengers.
AW189 / Avionics
Using advanced in-house developed avionics and systems, the AW189 SAR cabin and cockpit are integrated to provide a single digital environment. This enables more efficient reliable information management and reduced crew workload resulting in greater mission capability and effectiveness.
The advanced SAR open-architecture avionics suite includes:
- Search Mode and Patterns – Modes: Transition Down, Transition Down to Hover, Transition Up, Mark On target, Winchman Trim – 5 Search Patterns: Expanding Square, Multi sector, Creeping line, Parallel and Expanding line, a new capability that only AW189 offers today on the market – Real time “Preview” of each search patterns
- “Rendez-vous” functions on Moving Waypoints – Direct intercept, pilot defined intercept, vessel track intercept
- Hover Point Approach (HPA)
- Full Mission Equipment Integration with Flight Management System (FMS) – Full integration of SAR mission Equipment (Digital Map, FLIR, Direction Finder, AIS transponder, Weather Search Radar) – Up to 20 Moving targets (manual input or acquired by sensors, eg: AIS Transponder, Weather Search Radar and Direction Finder)
- Flight Management Window (FMW) – Provides real-time performance on the Multifunction Display
- Obstacle Proximity Lidar System (OPLS) – Provides the pilots with the safety clearance from the helicopter and the surrounding obstacles (for example hoisting operation near cliffs).
AW189 SAR provides several other technological features as:
- SATCOM with flight following
- V/UHF AM/FM Tactical radio
- HF radio
- Direction Finder
- AIS Naval Transponder
- Internal and external NVG compatibility
- Digital Map System
- Digital Video Recorder multichannel
- TCAS II
- Full or Limited Ice Protection System (FIPS/LIPS).
AW189 / Specifications
MAX TAKE OFF WEIGHT
OPTIONAL INCREASED GROSS WEIGHT
2 x General Electric CT7-2E1 and 1 x APU (60 kw) or 2 x Safran Aneto 1k and 1 x APU (60 kW)
Crew 1-2, Passengers up to 19 (16 for OGP standard)
MAX CRUISE SPEED (ISA, MTOW, SL)
HIGE (ISA, MTOW)*
* Safran Aneto-1k (AW189K version)
HOGE (ISA, MTOW)
2,893 m /3,810 m**
*General Eletric CT7-2E1/** Safran Aneto-1k (AW189K version)
MAX RANGE (ISA, MTOW, SL)*
— 6 h 10 min
*General Electric CT7-2E1-No reserve, with “Extended Range” auxiliary fuel tanks
Specifications and performance are subject to change by the manufacturer without prior notice.
Illustrations may include optional equipment that requires additional certification.